Knife repair and knife restoration at Blechernen Alex
I can do the following for you
- I fix Your knives, axes, hatchets, handles or handle scales or leather sheaths
- I restore old, damaged or worn blades or leather sheaths
- I try to restore the original condition as far as possible
- After repair or restoration I will also grind and polish Of course I take care of the object and then maintain it, using self-made care products
- I also restore your old sabers, knives and bayonets as well as archaeological finds – this requires very rare material
Why is knife repair worthwhile and what am I doing better than others?
Your unique knives are full of stories
In contrast to a cheap kitchen knife, the restoration of your expensive one-offs or special, historical knives (e.g. heirlooms) is worthwhile. This is how you preserve the story associated with it.
Restoration with special & historical materials
Only what I can make with my own hands is used for knife construction and repair. No purchased parts from the Far East etc. Everything “Made in the Allgäu”. So I also use up on 30,000 year old (pre) historical materials. I look forward to restoring your old knives and tools to their original condition.
As a blacksmith, I know what's important
I restore or repair everything from the blade to the handle to the leather sheath. Since I do all of this daily and with my own hands, I know exactly how these things are fixed with high quality.
This is what a restoration can look like:
Modification of a rusted bayonet
Non-binding inquiries - restoration / repair
So that I can restore or repair your knives, leather sheaths etc., I have to find out exactly what you have in mind. We also need to clarify which materials should be used in this process.
Do you want to make a good friend or family member happy by restoring or repairing a treasure?
No problem – just give away a gift voucher for my shop and the person receiving the present can choose what they want – including knives, jewelry or blacksmithing courses.
With me you can get on request any gift certificate.
Otherwise – just write to me and let’s chat about it!
Talk to me right away
0162 – 98 55 002
Write to me!
The knife maintenance after sharpening
Each of my knives is thoroughly polished after being sharpened. Then the blade is cared for. I use that for this Universal oil from Ballistol , that preserves the blade super. Ballistol comes from Bavaria and fits in perfectly with my vision and company philosophy of using products from the region.
I use these materials for forging, repairing and restoring
Depending on whether you forge an outdoor knife or a kitchen knife, the following types of steel are available:
Steel choice for outdoor knives:
Carbon steel, old tools, hoof rasps, leaf springs, gun barrels from WWII, shrapnel from both world wars and much more.
high quality carbon steels.
There are some valuable and rare handle materials available for your self-forged knives.
Knife handles made of wood:
Robinia, oak, plum, bog oak, service tree, Pfaffenhut, olive, walnut and much more.
Knife handle made of bone from:
Red deer, chamois, goat, camel, red deer antlers
Knife handles made of ice age bones stabilized by me from:
Mammoth, giant deer, noble deer, bison, horse and mammoth ivory.
This material is around 30,000 years old!
In my course we sew together a cut-resistant leather sheath for your self-made blade.
You can choose from the following types of leather:
Buffalo leather, cow leather and sturgeon leather
[! ] Important information about repair and restoration
- I can not only restore / repair knives, but also axes, hatchets, leather sheaths, tools and much more. – just ask!
- Since I do not know in which initial condition your knives etc. are, I cannot give any real guarantee on the restoration or repair. Each piece is unique and is treated that way!
- A personal consultation with me is absolutely necessary. After all, you have an exact idea of what it should look like in the end.
So now you know!
Do you have questions about repairs or restoration?
Then ask me quickly via WhatsApp! Just click on the number!
+49 (0) 162 9855 002
That is not all!
I don’t just restore knife , Hatchets, axes, leather sheaths and co.
I also forge these myself and offer Courses in cutlery at. Take a look at everything!
Have a look on social media
Here I not only report on my courses, but also offer my latest knives and jewelry for sale.